Wednesday, March 21, 2012

LISA LOOK #002: Hunger Games, District 12

Who says literature can't inspire fashion?  In excitement for the movie premier of the Hunger Games coming out this weekend, I decided to throw together a couple of Hunger Games inspired outfits to show off my new Mocking Jay pin.  I might put together some more later this week - wanna try to channel some serious Effie Trinket.  This is Variation #1:  Down With the CAPITOL! that is featured on my Lookbook.nu page.


My inspiration for this outfit came from a girl from the Capitol attempting to dress like someone from the Seam, cashing in on the whole Mockingjay pin as a fashion item rather than it's true meaning ^.~ But with with accents of golden metallic makeup in a more streamlined fashion. I'm wearing Lime Crime's Carousel Gloss in Golden Ticket. A perfect shade for the golden decadence of the Capitol, don't you think?

I took the covers off the books since I am lending them to a handful of my friends and didn't want them to get torn up.  I'm digging the simple minimalism of the books without their jackets though!









Below is a  second outfit Variation #2 A Girl From District 12 - a Capitol "Seam" District 12 inspired look features a simple black cotton pleated dress, and a side braid as an echo Katniss' trademark side braid. The gloves black beaded gloves were my grandmother's, adding an authentic vintage feel.

Golden makeup that I used to create this look clockwise from top left :
  1. Matesse - Shadow Dust in Gold
  2. Urban Decay - Deluxe Eyeshadow in Honey
  3. MAC - Eyeshadow in Gorgeous Gold
  4. Urban Decay - 24/7 Eyeliner in Honey
  5. Lime Crime - Carousel Gloss in Golden Ticket
Read the books. See the movie.
Tiff and I already got our tickets to the Thursday 2/22 midnight showing. Cannot wait!

May the odds be ever in your favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment